An introduction to our new Cashmere styles for Spring. In a variety of colours and prints to wear in the new season. A guide of how to ensure you get the best out of your cashmere and caring for it.
Classic cashmere, it will never go out of style! In fact no ladieswear collection or catwalk is complete without a touch of luxury cashmere and the same goes for Damart UK! Cashmere might be known as an essential and cosy knitwear addition to your Winter wardrobe but Spring is no different – a lightweight jumper or cardigan for layering is just what you need this season.
We’ve picked out our favourite Damart cashmere styles below and show you how to wear them plus how to care for them properly.
Simple, classic, elegant. Our Round Neck Cashmere Sweater is the seasonal all-rounder! If you choose to update your wardrobe with just one luxury item then make it this! Wonderfully warm and super soft on your skin, you won’t regret investing in this staple sweater. It’s so versatile; you can
mix and match it with a long skirt or jeans, throw a blazer on over the top with a necklace for a smart evening occasion. Plus it comes in 4 gorgeous colours – nude and sapphire in particular are perfect Spring shades.
If it’s a colder Spring day, then our Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater is just what you want for extra warmth! Soft and naturally cosy, this modern classic is an investment piece you’ll love.
When the Spring sun comes out is when a throw-on cardigan becomes your go-to item. Our easy-care 100% Cashmere Cardigan in a choice of 2 colours is a timeless piece that offers you warmth and style, layer it over a thermal vest in Winter or a cami top in Spring.
Make a bold fashion statement and go for our Printed Cashmere Cardigan – great for special occasions. You’ll love its striking red floral print – so flattering worn over a maxi skirt or smart trousers. You won’t regret treating yourself to the season’s most wanted cashmere knit–it will last you year after year and you’ll feel great every time you wear it!
Here’s our handy little guide to ensure you can love your cashmere for longer…
1. This setting then it’s best to wash your cashmere by hand yourself. Use lukewarm water and a small amount of mild detergent (or top tip – baby shampoo!). Always wash inside out and never wring or twist the garment.
2. When drying – do not wring or twist either – this can damage the fabric. Lay your freshly washed cashmere to air-dry flat on a towel, or over a drying rack, away from hot radiators and direct sunlight. Avoid hanging the item to dry as this can cause it to become misshapen. Reshape as it dries.
3. Once dry, carefully fold your cashmere away into a draw or on a shelf. Never hang it up in your wardrobe as it will just stretch it. Wrap in acid-free tissue paper for extra protection.
4. Sadly moths love cashmere as much as we do! They’re attracted to moisture, so make sure your clothes are really dry before you fold them away. You can even get anti-moth paper strips and anti-moth drawer liners.
5. Cashmere is also prone to pilling, so to combat those annoying bobbles use a knitwear comb. Simply lay the item flat; gently pass the knitwear comb over the fibres and like magic, the pills will disappear!
Much like fine wine, cashmere is said to improve with age if cared for properly and will last for years!
Now you know what cashmere to wear this season, and how to keep it looking good as new, why not head over to Damart and have a little look at our fabulous collection..